Exams can become overwhelming for most students. Being in the education industry for three decades, we understand that exams can be daunting and we are convinced that they do not have to be.
We have designed courses and programs to help you effectively prepare for your exams. One of our goals is to increase your confidence and understanding of your subjects by giving you individualised attention and personalised assistance and by helping you practice with exam-style questions.
How Academic Group Can Help You
Exam Boost Seminars
Our Exam Boost Seminars have been designed to provide you with the skills and information you need to perform to the highest possible standard in your ATAR exams. You will receive expert advice and instruction from experienced teachers and ATAR exam markers and learn what is required to obtain higher ATAR scores.
Each subject seminar provides detailed coverage of examinable materials, as well as examination strategies and ATAR marking schemes.
To further maximise examination marks, teachers will detail the various tricks and traps that appear in examinations; highlight the classic errors made by students and clarify vital misconceptions that can result in the loss of valuable marks in the exams.
The Day of the Exam Tips
- Wake up early so that you do not need to rush through having breakfast and getting ready.
- Have a balanced breakfast and eat nothing risky (probably not the best day to have a super-hot curry!). Bananas are always a good option.
- Before leaving home, check that you have everything that you will need – ID, stationery, map to the exam venue, etc.
- Head to the exam with plenty of time. A lot of unexpected events can happen on your way there and you do not want to be late!
- If there are people around who are panicking, avoid them. They are not doing you any favour
- Read all the questions carefully before starting and quickly plan how much time to allocate to each.
- Start answering the questions that you feel most confident about. There is no need to answer the questions in order.
- If your brain freezes, take a few moments to practise deep breathing.
- Don’t spend more time than you planned on a particular section/question or you might run out of time to answer other questions and gain those extra marks! Also, leave any questions that you are unsure about for the end.